• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Auto Contract, need to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vali832

What is the name of your state? TX

Hi,
I have a problem. I bought a 1995 Toyota Camry XLE in April of this year at a buy here pay here lot. I am a single mom in a new city and paranoid about being taken advantage of, I knew Toyota was a reliable car, The car was marked at 5999, I tried to talk him down to 4999, after a day of back and forth he said Ok, but it still went to 5999 after tad tag title etc. Anyways, the car is in great condition only 2 previous owners, 124500k miles. The problem is I have to move out of the country where my ex husband is because our daughter has some medical problems and I have no family. I put 3000 down for this car, after some payments my pay off to this guy is around 2500 still. I have to leave soon, how do I recover some of my down payment back?? How can I sell this car when I still owe money on it? I don't have the title. I told the guy I bought it from that my situation and he was saying he'll work with me, but didn't give me any specifics. I have a lot of stress and can NOT just let 3k go down the drain. What should I do please?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">