• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car airbag

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2petuniasmom

What is the name of your state? MN
Hello, My 19 year old sister has a problem. She bought her first car on March 27, 2003. There is a problem with the airbag. The airbag light comes on and will not go off. She has been told by an automotive technician that it could deploy without cause or warning and should be repaired. She purchased the car "AS IS" in the state of ND. The dealer will not talk to her about the problems (there are other mechanical issues)with the car and hangs up on her.

I know that this is probably a lesson learned about used cars. My question is:
Is it legal to sell a car with a safety defect such as the air bag?

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Julie

djohnson

That's why they are usually sold as is. It is her responsibility to have those things checked prior to the purchase. At this point if she wants it fixed she will be responsible for doing it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">