• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car bought at dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cindyloubilbro

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I purchased a used car from a dealer 1.5 years ago. Three days after buying it was in the shop with turbo problems, since that time it has had three new turbos & two new engines which were covered by the warranty that I purchased. I have had numerous other problems with the car that were not covered under warranty and am very dissatisfied. Is this a lemon or a breach of implied warranty. When I test drove the car the check engine light was on & the dealer said they would get it cleared up before I took the car. It came back on days later. Help, I want out of my cluncker

djohnson

Waiting a 1.5 years and wanting to change isn't going to get you anywhere. I hate to say it but your bascially stuck. You should have made sure it the light was out before accepting the vehicle. When you said the warranty you purchased covered it, does that mean the car was sold as is and you bought the extended warranty? or was it still under the manufacturers warranty?

C

cindyloubilbro

When I acceepted the car, the light was off. only days later it came back on. there was a 1000 mile warranty given by the dealership and in addition to that I purchased an extended warranty. the dealership has offered to trade the car for another car but at the time the car they offered had more miles and i was very sceptic about getting another car just like what i had. at this same time the dealer was going to have to put a new engine & another new turbo in my car if i did not trade, so i thought i would be safe with new parts in my own car. however, i now have another new engine which is now leaking oil only days after i have picked it up from the dealer. the problems have been all rooted around the turbo except for some other things that have gone wrong as well...had i not purchased the extended warranty the repairs that have been made would have cost me more than half what i paid for the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">