• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Contract errors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irm2013

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
My husband and I bought a car in FL and the information pertaining to me on the contract is not correct. The information listed for both of us is the same: his birthdate and License # is listed the same as for me. Does this void the contract? What if the odometer reading is incorrect? On the paperwork they had us sign it is off by 4K miles. Most likely it is an error on the seller's part.

justalayman

Why did you sign a contract with information that was not correct?

What if the odometer reading is incorrect? On the paperwork they had us sign it is off by 4K miles. Most likely it is an error on the seller's part.
all depends on other facts.

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
My husband and I bought a car in FL and the information pertaining to me on the contract is not correct. The information listed for both of us is the same: his birthdate and License # is listed the same as for me. Does this void the contract? What if the odometer reading is incorrect? On the paperwork they had us sign it is off by 4K miles. Most likely it is an error on the seller's part.
Of course not. However, it might make it difficult to enforce against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">