• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RubyGulledge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.I have a car loan on a chevy. It was purchased as a used car and has been a lemon from day one. My husband and are in the process of a divorce, and I can not make the car payment. Can i return the car to the dealer I bought it from? And am I responsible? for the remainder of the loan

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.I have a car loan on a chevy. It was purchased as a used car and has been a lemon from day one. My husband and are in the process of a divorce, and I can not make the car payment. Can i return the car to the dealer I bought it from? And am I responsible? for the remainder of the loan
You can return it to the dealer if they agree to take it...you can't expect just to drop it off and run.
As for the loan, you will be responsible if you took out the loan (either in your name alone, as a co-borrower, or as a co-signer).

racer72

The dealer does not want the car, it does not belong to them. If you don't want the car, return it to the legal owner, that would be the bank that financed the loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">