• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used car from dealer without all options stated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

porkchop1

What is the name of your state? Illinois

couple of weeks ago I purchased a used vehicle. I am satisfied with the car except for the following: The car does not have air conditioning.
*the internet advertisement stated air
*the car window sticker lists air as an option
*my contract lists air as an option of the car

Iwhen int the dealership to complain, the salesman tossed the "problem" over to the floor managerwho proceeded to give me three lines in about five minutes.
1. they are not responsible for hat is on the sticker since they didn't print it
2. the option had an "*" by it whch means that that option IS NOT on the vehicle, even though one other option with an "*" is present (AM/FM cassette, it is an older car)
3. The only obligation they (the dealer) has is to take the car back and cancel the sales agreement.

I like the car, I plan to keep the car, but I did believe I bought a car with AC.

What are my options...small claims court? If so, how much?

djohnson

We would need to see your actual contract to see what you could do if anything. Is there a place on the contract that states what the ***'s mean? If there is, you are out of luck automatically. When buying a used car, the burden is on you to make sure of what you are purchasing and that it works. Just because it has A/C doesn't mean it works if it's an as is sale.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">