• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used car from dlrship - have dent and wrong vin # on contract -do I have a chance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caislandchic

Calif :eek: I bought a 02 Accord w/40K for 12,500 from a honda dealership - I sought the counsel of a friend who has a resell licence and takes many clients to them. I felt good about my purchase. I asked my salesman - is there anything I missed that you can see or think of.... I did!! A ding about the width of a quarter right in the front of the hood. I am embarrassed I missed that - I immediately went back and was upfront about it and asked what can be done.... went a second time... no phone calls - UNTIL last week a call but they made a mistake on the contract and DMV paperwork with the VIN number. And they have to have someone from DMV come and physically see the vin. Does this mean that technically I was not sold what I was told I was buying? My goal is to get the dent fixed - it will not take much resources from them. I wanted an accord for 5 years I used to drive thru there lot at night and just look at them. I worked hard for the money -as everyone does. But being a single female Im afraid they are going to run me over. Can I use this twist to my advantage??

shortbus

It sounds like you were sold what you thought you were buying, but they made a clerical error in copying down the VIN. The dealer will not, for example, try to take your car back.

As for the ding, it's a used car and if you missed it, that's your issue now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">