• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used car extented warranty denial.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dodgerdvo

Ok... Rookie here sorry lol.
Ok so I bought a used car in Dec. of 2013 with and extended warranty over the phone before I drove off with the car.
Last week backing out of a parking stall the transfer arm failed and cracked. $1000 for repair.
I'm within warrant parameters 2 years 24,000.
They denied the claim due to rust or Corrosion which caused failure.
They say that they are not placing blame just not covering because of their inclusion.
My arguement is that they sold me an 11 year old warranty which had been obviously sitting in the elements (hail damage) that was 11 years old and had 87,000 miles on it. They never inspected it pressle. So in other words I believe they sold me a warranty that they were never going to honor.
Is it worth pursuing legal action ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ok... Rookie here sorry lol.
Ok so I bought a used car in Dec. of 2013 with and extended warranty over the phone before I drove off with the car.
Last week backing out of a parking stall the transfer arm failed and cracked. $1000 for repair.
I'm within warrant parameters 2 years 24,000.
They denied the claim due to rust or Corrosion which caused failure.
They say that they are not placing blame just not covering because of their inclusion.
My arguement is that they sold me an 11 year old warranty which had been obviously sitting in the elements (hail damage) that was 11 years old and had 87,000 miles on it. They never inspected it pressle. So in other words I believe they sold me a warranty that they were never going to honor.
Is it worth pursuing legal action ?
If your warranty excludes claims due to rust or corrosion, then you're out of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">