• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used car purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

muneca

I purchased a used car from an individual in the State of Oklahoma. When I tried to have the title changed I was unable to. The title was missing a notary stamp. The title had never been changed by the person I purchased the vehicle from. I took the title back to him and explained that he had to have it changed to his name and pay the excise taxes before he could sell the car to me. He told me that he could have it fixed and that he only had to pay a transfer fee. This information turned out to be incorrect. The car needed repairs.I had repairs done. I again asked him to take care of this matter. He refused. I now have a vehicle that I am unable to drive and the tags are out of date. I looked into taking this to small claims court but with the cost of the vehicle and the repairs I would be unable to sue for the amount necessary. I have a signed letter from stating that he is the owner and warrants these goods are free and clear of all encumbrances, that he has full right and title to sell same, and that he will warrant and defend the same against the claims and demands of all persons. He further states that said property has no known defect other than the ones listed on document. What action can I take?
PURCHASE PRICE OF CAR $5300 PLUS REPAIRS & CD PLAYER $1300.

[Edited by muneca on 05-29-2001 at 05:25 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Do you mean to say that this car that you had inspected by a mechanic, prior to your purchase, has over $4,500.00 worth of repairs, licensing and other maladies ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">