• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used car purchase contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cacker23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I recently bought a used car from a dealership, and they signed a service contract regarding things to be fixed upon purchase. They gave me a 30 day window to schedule the repairs, and I've got all of it done except they refuse to repaint a 2" spot. The contract states "touch up passenger side paint" and they said it was touched up. It had been touched up some, but that was before they even put it on the market. They said there's no further touching up they can do without repainting. If we worked this contract out during my purchase, which was well after they did the initial touchup, should they be able to include that in the list of repairs if they're considering this as already done? I feel as if this is something I can fight to get done, but I'm not too certain on the legalities on how to twist their arm into doing their jobs. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">