• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car purchase ends up stolen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carla28s

What is the name of your state? California
A friend of mine bought a used car on 6/21/05 and on 6/22/05 the car was stolen. On 6/23/05 she made the police report. On 6/28/05 the car dealership tells her they have her car and were asking questions about how the car was stolen etc. She told them the police have the report and if they have any questions to contact the sheriff's station. They now are telling her that in order for her to get her car back she has to pay towing fees, storage fees and fees for the new keys that were made, in which is a security chipped key in which the originals never had. She also need to bring in insurance in which I can understand that part but the rest I'm not sure about? Please any advice? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">