• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car scandal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigtime98

I live in Texas. I recently purchased a used car from a used car dealer here. The car came with custom chrome rims and new tires. After 2 weeks of owning th car, the wheels and tires were removed from the vehicle while I was at school by a rent-to-own tire company. They said the previous owner of the car had rented the wheels and tires from them and had since stopped paying for them. They also stated that they have the right to reposses the wheels even though I paid cash for this car from a dealer and had no knowledge of the wheels belonging to them. The dealer also says he had no knowledge of the wheels being rented because he got the car as-is from an auto auction. Is there any law protecting the consumer from such a scandal. I now have a car with no wheels or tires. I also paid more for this vehicle than I would have for others on the car lot that were similar because of the custom rims and tires.
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?!?!?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">