• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ren3905

What

i purchased a used car , 98 ford sedan with a separate service agreement of $1200 on 10/31/01 for 2yrs 24,000 miles.on 07/24/02 my brakes failed rotors calipars called the sevice company they said i was in the system but the dealer had not mailed the ckeck to them. called dealer and they said they would fix the brakes but charge me for parts. but had a sign contract with the outside service the said they for got to send the $1200 to the service company, said they would return the money to the lender, which they did, but i have no running car and no money to fix it. The transmission is slipping and I am having problems with the alternator. Which is suppose to be covered under the so called service agreement. The lender agreed to take the $1200.00 back from the dealer and apply back to my loan without my approval. After the car problems occurred which doesn't help me. The car dealership is BuyRite Auto Sales, 3452 Shelby Street, Indianapolis, IN (317) 782-8999. Please help don't know what to do. Thank you.

C

CTSCAM

Warranty?

I couldn't tell because of a few typos what the whole sequence of events was. Do you have a copy of the signed service agreement showing that you have paid the $1200?

JETX

If I understand your post correctly, you purchased a third party warranty for $1200. Now that you need to make a claim, the warrantor says that they never received the funds (or order?). You have now found out that the dealer, without your permission or knowledge, sent the $1200 to your lender who applied it to your loan. Correct??

Generally, I can say that one of these parties should have some liability to you, but to determine which would require someone to review all the documents to find out if the dealership or the warrantor has any obligation to make your repairs.

Contact your local (County) Bar Association and request a low- or no-cost referral to a local attorney. They will generally get you a 30 minute meeting for about $50 or less.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">