• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car With Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iKristin04

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I purchased a used car from a used car dealership and even received a one year warranty for anything that goes wrong with the car. The car already had issues when they sold it too me and they promised to fix all the problems. They have taken the car too the lot twice, held it all day then sent it back too me just to say "sorry we ordered the wrong part" TWICE. It has now been three months and they have yet to fix one thing. Could I legally ask for either a return of funds to trade back the broken car or ask for a trade to a better car that doesn't need all the fixings?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I purchased a used car from a used car dealership and even received a one year warranty for anything that goes wrong with the car. The car already had issues when they sold it too me and they promised to fix all the problems. They have taken the car too the lot twice, held it all day then sent it back too me just to say "sorry we ordered the wrong part" TWICE. It has now been three months and they have yet to fix one thing. Could I legally ask for either a return of funds to trade back the broken car or ask for a trade to a better car that doesn't need all the fixings?
No, but give it another shot at the dealer, then get it fixed elsewhere and sue the dealer for the cost of repairs...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">