• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Mower, Blown Engine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jcporter

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
I bought a mower from a local small engine repair shop. At the time of purchase, he did not inform me that he only warranties purchases for 7 days. I owned the mower for about 30 days and had cut my grass twice. Upon starting to mow the lawn for the third time the motor blew up. The shop refuses to stand behind the mower. I offered to pay part of the repairs but the owner refuses to accept any liability. His attitude is that I should grow up and not expect any purchases from anyone to be covered under any warranty. I have tried tosearch the web for information on implied warranties in my state, but have not found specific enough info. Does the shop have any legal liability?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">