• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used vehicle purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omagicozen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX Hope I am posting this in the right forum. I recently purchased a used cash car from a dealer. They had me fill out a power of attorney to transfer vehicle title form. What is this form and is it a standard form you fill out when purchasing a vehicle. it has been 30 days since my purchase and I have not received a title or plates leaving me more than a little nervous that something isn't right.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX Hope I am posting this in the right forum. I recently purchased a used cash car from a dealer. They had me fill out a power of attorney to transfer vehicle title form. What is this form and is it a standard form you fill out when purchasing a vehicle. it has been 30 days since my purchase and I have not received a title or plates leaving me more than a little nervous that something isn't right.
The PoA for this purpose is probably standard. It just gives the dealer the ability to act on your behalf.

Have you contacted the dealer to find out why you haven't received plates or title?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">