• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utility Company Complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

QSEQB6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I recently received an (over)estimated bill from the local power co, yes monopoly. It's not my fault they couldn't get the meter reading but on top of that they overshot my bill. I tried to explain to them that it's too high but they wouldn't budge. What course of action can I take to get their attention? Is there someone or an organization/agency I can call to complain? The company claimed they're going to replace the meter but they would not be able to adjust the present estimated bill. So basically they're telling me to eat it. What a way to rip people off!

Picture if you have a meter running and one day it stops, and you know roughly how much the meter was but the billing company send you a ridiculously high bill. What would you do or what can you do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">