• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Finacing Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zeus6703

About 3 weeks ago I purchased a vehicle from a dealership. I had gotten my own financing through my credit union and had the draft check in hand. The transaction went smoothly, and I traded my old vehicle in. Recently I received a letter from my CU that sai the draft check was returned to payee's institution because of a missing signature. I contacted the dealership about this and brought them in the letter. They copied it and said they would overnight it and take care of it. Nothing has happened so far and I have already registered the car in my name. What can happen now?

Thanks.

quincy

About 3 weeks ago I purchased a vehicle from a dealership. I had gotten my own financing through my credit union and had the draft check in hand. The transaction went smoothly, and I traded my old vehicle in. Recently I received a letter from my CU that sai the draft check was returned to payee's institution because of a missing signature. I contacted the dealership about this and brought them in the letter. They copied it and said they would overnight it and take care of it. Nothing has happened so far and I have already registered the car in my name. What can happen now?

Thanks.
What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't think you need to worry about anything. This is just a paperwork issue.

zeus6703

Again, don't worry. The draft check has already been presented...
Is there any chance that my CU would refuse to honor the financing if the draft check expires? Almost seems like (but highly unlikely) the dealership is waiting for it to expire so I will finance through them.

justalayman

Recently I received a letter from my CU that sai the draft check was returned to payee's institution because of a missing signature.
sounds like the dealership didn't properly endorse the check

Nothing has happened so far and I have already registered the car in my name. What can happen now?
if they took care of it, nothing.

call your CU and ask if the situation has been remedied.

justalayman

Is there any chance that my CU would refuse to honor the financing if the draft check expires? Almost seems like (but highly unlikely) the dealership is waiting for it to expire so I will finance through them.
If it expires, you just get a replacement and deliver that to the dealership.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">