• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lestergoins

What is the name of your state? Texas. Currently, I live in texas but purchased a vehicle in Virginia prior to moving to Texas. In may 2002 I contacted the bank to return the vehicle because I could no longer make the payments. Now the company turned my file over to a lawyer who plans to file a lawsuit against me. I can not make the payments they want and have been enrolled in Consumer Credit Counseling (CCCS) since may 2002. What are my legal options?

racer72

Your legal option is that you are still legally obligated to pay the difference from what you owed and what the bank sold the vehicle for. If you owed $10,000, the bank sold the vehicle for $3000, you still owe $7000 on the loan. And because you are now in default, they have the legal right to sue you which can result in a judgment against you. The creditor could probably care less about CCCS and probably will not deal with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">