• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Horn1985

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Kansas ( but i live in Oklahoma)

i will try to make this as pointed as possible so as not to confuse the issue.

I purchased a new vehicle on March 19 of this month; however, due to my wife's work schedule they waited a bit on getting her to sign the paperwork, March 22. THe delear ran our credit reports and found two delinquent closed accounts on March 19 and asked me about them. THere was one large account and one small account. THey asked me which account had been paid off recently, since i knew my wife paid off an account but could not tell them if it was the small one or the large one.

I drove the vehicle home on the 19 with them wanting an answer that i could not give them since my wife and i have only been married one year and these accounts had been charged off back in 05. Since the 22 my wife and i have signed the sale contract, warranty info, insurance including gap coverage and so has the dealer.

The long sales contract was signed by my wife and i and initialed like most all car purchase agreements. Well, i still get calls from the delearship regarding these two accounts and i am about at my wits end on what to tell them since the credit card company (the two accounts) have cease and dissest orders and have already made them taxable income to my wife 4 years back.

I have put down $500 so far with another $242 due on 4/3 (other $258 is from an unused warranty contract on the trade in.

My question is what do i do about this? I am at my wits end, i have been driving the car since March 19 and figured it is a done deal. I got a call today saying it is not, although i have had possession of the vehicle since the above date. Isn't too late for them to be doing this now since my wife and i have already signed all the contracts? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

justalayman

edited to remove any information since the OP called me a jerk for supplying proper information

Last edited:

Horn1985

Vehicle

I have faxed them two sets of info, and why would they let us take the car if that was such a big issue to begin with? I just needed the facts you jerk.

Last edited:

justalayman

a jerk? I give you the info you ask and I'm a jerk.

best of luck figuring out how to fix YOUR problem. My car is just fine in my drive way and nobody is calling me about it.

have a great day.

Today, 09:37 PM
Horn1985

Vehicle

I have faxed them two sets of info, and why would they let us take the car if that was such a big issue to begin with? I just needed the facts you jerk.
Last edited by Horn1985; Today at 09:44 PM.

JustAPal00

OP, If you want the car, then do what the dealer says to do to get this behind you. They are trying to get you financed. They have not been able to do so yet, that is why they are calling you. If they are not able to do so then your options are to come up with the money for the car on your own or return the car.

justalayman

OP, If you want the car, then do what the dealer says to do to get this behind you. They are trying to get you financed. They have not been able to do so yet, that is why they are calling you. If they are not able to do so then your options are to come up with the money for the car on your own or return the car.
expect to be called a jerk. That is all I told the OP and I got called a jerk.

I have a funny suspicion this is exactly what the dealership told our OP as well and he was hoping to get a different answer for some reason.

Last edited:

Antigone*

Google is your friend:D

...FYI in my prior career I was a the business manager for a major Toyota dealership. I could have helped you with this matter but since you were inexcusably mean to Justalayman I'll go right on enjoying my day.

jennbry

Horn, since everyone else here are acting like jerks, I will try to help for real. It sounds as if they are doing what is called a spot delivery scam. Google it or go to this website for real help, this place is full of jerks....not lawyers or anyone acquainted with the law. They are probably a bunch of used car salesmen.

Top 10 Auto Scams | UCAN

Hal is an actual attorney who tries to actually help people in situations like yours. Good luck!

justalayman

Horn, since everyone else here are acting like jerks, I will try to help for real. It sounds as if they are doing what is called a spot delivery scam. Google it or go to this website for real help, this place is full of jerks....not lawyers or anyone acquainted with the law. They are probably a bunch of used car salesmen.

Hal is an actual attorney who tries to actually help people in situations like yours. Good luck!
Is hal licensed to practice in Oklahoma as well as Florida?

and Horn got an answer but just like the other posts you are trolling, the poster refused to provide necessary information before anybody could give them a dependable answer. When I said such, I get called a jerk.

and no, this is not a spot delivery scam. It is a buyers refusal to comply with supplying the required documents so a loan can be completed. The buyers failure to provide requested and required documents and then demanding they are being wronged sounds more like a buyer attempting to scam the dealer than the other way around.

Don't you even read the thread before posting something?

jennbry

Is hal licensed to practice in Oklahoma as well as Florida?

and Horn got an answer but just like the other posts you are trolling, the poster refused to provide necessary information before anybody could give them a dependable answer. When I said such, I get called a jerk.

and no, this is not a spot delivery scam. It is a buyers refusal to comply with supplying the required documents so a loan can be completed. The buyers failure to provide requested and required documents and then demanding they are being wronged sounds more like a buyer attempting to scam the dealer than the other way around.

Don't you even read the thread before posting something?
I have no idea what answer got deleted, it's not there anymore to read....and if he signed a loan contract then everything should have been in place for the loan....otherwise it's still an application and the car dealership has no right to call it a contract unless they specify on that contract that it is still pending for whatever reasons. He said he signed a contract, therefore it does make it sound an awful lot like a spot delivery scam...so to answer your question, I did read the thread before I replied. Being called names to me is not the answer he was seeking.

It doesn't matter the state that Hal gives advice for, he can answer basic questions a lot better than you appear to be able to and also he can direct people to a place where they will actually receive the legal help that will pertain to their state, also unlike you.

justalayman

I have no idea what answer got deleted, it's not there anymore to read....and if he signed a loan contract then everything should have been in place for the loan....otherwise it's still an application and the car dealership has no right to call it a contract unless they specify on that contract that it is still pending for whatever reasons. He said he signed a contract, therefore it does make it sound an awful lot like a spot delivery scam...so to answer your question, I did read the thread before I replied. Being called names to me is not the answer he was seeking.

It doesn't matter the state that Hal gives advice for, he can answer basic questions a lot better than you appear to be able to and also he can direct people to a place where they will actually receive the legal help that will pertain to their state, also unlike you.

apparently you didn't read what the OP wrote. So, since you like things real clear, here it is:

THe delear ran our credit reports and found two delinquent closed accounts on March 19 and asked me about them. THere was one large account and one small account. THey asked me which account had been paid off recently, since i knew my wife paid off an account but could not tell them if it was the small one or the large one.
. Well, i still get calls from the delearship[/B] regarding these two accounts and i am about at my wits end on what to tell them since the credit card company (the two accounts) have cease and dissest orders and have already made them taxable income to my wife 4 years back

OP, and apparently you, cannot understand that there was a question asked concerning the OP's credit report that had to be answered. OP apparently has not answered the query in a manner adequate to resolve the issue the dealership has with the credit history.

what was deleted was simply telling them they need to address those issues with the dealer and due to that, I got called a jerk.

..and if he signed a loan contract then everything should have been in place for the loan....otherwise it's still an application
now you seem to understand a little.

dealership has no right to call it a contract unless they specify on that contract that it is still pending for whatever reasons.
they can call it toilet paper if they want to. The fact is, OP has not addressed the problem to the dealers satisfaction and the dealer is not going to further the loan app until such time as OP addresses the issue.

That leaves OP with a couple choices:

deal with the dealership concerning the issue

return the car

pay for the car

that is all they got.

then go hug on Hal. You got your questions answered as well as your info allowed.

and this OP does not need legal help. The need to do one of the 3 items I listed above but if they want to hand an attorney $500 to tell them the same thing, they are more than welcome to do so.

jennbry

apparently you didn't read what the OP wrote. So, since you like things real clear, here it is:

OP, and apparently you, cannot understand that there was a question asked concerning the OP's credit report that had to be answered. OP apparently has not answered the query in a manner adequate to resolve the issue the dealership has with the credit history.

what was deleted was simply telling them they need to address those issues with the dealer and due to that, I got called a jerk.

now you seem to understand a little.

they can call it toilet paper if they want to. The fact is, OP has not addressed the problem to the dealers satisfaction and the dealer is not going to further the loan app until such time as OP addresses the issue.

That leaves OP with a couple choices:

deal with the dealership concerning the issue

return the car

pay for the car

that is all they got.

then go hug on Hal. You got your questions answered as well as your info allowed.

and this OP does not need legal help. The need to do one of the 3 items I listed above but if they want to hand an attorney $500 to tell them the same thing, they are more than welcome to do so.
Not sure what your idea of a contract is, but it surely does not mean one party has to adhere and the other party can call it "toilet paper". Not at all, if the contract is valid without third party approval, then it's valid. The dealership needs to send a letter to explain what it is they want, and what their recourse and the buyer's recourse is. If they are not willing to do this, then they are probably screwing the person over.

Depending on what the contract said, they may have no reason to give the dealership anything else. If there is a bank involved, they should be dealing with them, not the dealership, because the BANK would be requesting the additional information, not the DEALERSHIP.

Bottom line is that a car dealership should not allow a car off the lot, until the financing is final, because if they do, they are opening themselves up to problems and additional expense. Where I reside, if they are the title holder, they are responsible for any damage done to any property or people by that vehicle. That seems like a hell of a risk to take if something is not finalized. Not to mention letting cars go without any money for them can cause their own fleet financing to be in jeopardy, those vehicles are collateral for any underwriters.

And from what OP typed, he was trying to address those issues, he said he had faxed the dealership the information they wanted.

Guess what appears clear to one, is cloudy to another.

I see a contract signed, I see OP addressing the items in question. Maybe the dealership should try being more clear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">