• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Repair Storage Costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matsar8

What is the name of your state? California

I took my truck in to have the transmission fixed, at a shop in Fresno Co., and the charge was $ 1,480. They called a few days later to say it was ready. I had not received some expected income, and only had $ 500 to give them at the time.
About 10 days ago, they called to say they were going to charge me $ 25 daily, until I picked it up. It has been a month, and I called this AM to say that I could pick it up Monday, and the owner said it would be $ 1,604.
I cannot find my estimate sheet to see if anything was stated about storage on it.
Is this acceptible?
Do I have any recourse?

What was the day they said the car was ready and what was the day they told you about the storage fees??But since you say they advised you 10 days ago they would be charging you a storage fee of $25 why are you suprised??? If you don't pick your vehicle up when the work is done they usually charge you for storage. See if they are able to provide you with a copy of your work order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">