• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle reposesion in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmdavis61

What is the name of your state? CA. My husband and I had purchased a vehicle and had been up to date on the payments then, he lost his job. We tried to keep up the payments but could not. We turned the car in VOLUNTARILY!!!! and were told a voluntary repo would show up on our credit. Liars, we have a repo on our credit, they wholesaled the car for 4000.00 when it was worth about 9000.00 and now almost three years later they are harrasing us for the balance. Are we responsible for a vehicle we could not afford, turned in voluntarily? I have asked for documentaion showing what the car actually sold for and the balance of our loan, have not see it yet. HELP!!!!!!!Mandy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mmdavis61 said:
What is the name of your state? CA. My husband and I had purchased a vehicle and had been up to date on the payments then, he lost his job. We tried to keep up the payments but could not. We turned the car in VOLUNTARILY!!!! and were told a voluntary repo would show up on our credit. Liars, we have a repo on our credit, they wholesaled the car for 4000.00 when it was worth about 9000.00 and now almost three years later they are harrasing us for the balance. Are we responsible for a vehicle we could not afford, turned in voluntarily? I have asked for documentaion showing what the car actually sold for and the balance of our loan, have not see it yet. HELP!!!!!!!Mandy

My response:

Hello, Mandy. I know you mentioned California, but what States are you both from?

IAAL

panzertanker

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Hello, Mandy. I know you mentioned California, but what States are you both from?

IAAL
Alabama?
Mississipi? (note spelling is in acknowledgement of a past OP who was a moron)
Ar Kansas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">