• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle repossession sale and contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmycutetoes

What is the name of your state? CA

had vehicle repossessed (late on payments and fault lies with me)
however.... I talked to the credit company and they stated they were going to sell it at a private auction for approx. 3k...car is low blue book of 5k. I read somewhere that the car must be sold at a fair price and that I was allowed to be present for the sale.
I have recently moved and I have the contract I signed and am searching for it but until i locate I need to know if they can sell it for less? This sale is said to happen 20 days after the notice which would make it on Sept.1, 2003. If there is any consumer law that states they must sell it at a fair price what is it and could it override anything in my contract or is the contract the final word?.
The reason I am concerned is this company has charged me 21% interest on top of my cash down payment of half of the vehicle price when i purchased it.
The car cost was 10k i put down 4,500k and the finance company took it up to 19K when i took it. I have paid on it for over 2 years at 250 a month and my balance is still in the 8k range. It has got to be the most expensive mistake of my life.
if they sell it for 3 k and deduct it that leaves me with a balance of 5 k on a car i still dont own.

ive always paid my debts be them late but i paid them and i am being punished far worse than anyone I know that just washes their hands of their debts. And now this? where can i go for help on this.
P.s to get the terms reinstated they want 2k. NOW! help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">