• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Titling Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmf777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Hi maybe someone here can help me out. Sorry in advance if I am posting this in the wrong topic.

I purchased a older honda civic from a person in my state. She was going to previously sell the car to someone else before me so on the title she crossed out (scibbled) the old price out and put what I paid for the car on the title and notarized bill of sale. I was told buy mva that they could accept the title as long as I had the bill of sale. As usual I was told wrong and they won't accept the title after I paid for the car in cash (500 bucks). They said I need to get a new title from the person, but I am having trouble getting into contact with the person. So now I have a useless title, a bill of sale and a car I can't drive because I can't get it titled and registered in my name. Is their any way I can get the vehicle in my name somehow? The car is just sitting in my driveway collecting leaves and I'd love to drive it. Any information to help solve this problem would be much appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">