• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tyvincies

What is the name of your state? Alabama

my transmission blew up in my 1995 lumina. I was willing to pay the $ 365.00 to find out what was wrong with my trans. he told me that my trans had indeed blew and it would cost me $ 1600 to fix . I knew that i couldn't afford it because i just got approve for disability and i told him that i had no clue when i would receive my money and he told me that he would fix the car and lock it up until i get my money. his shop is in Georgia but now he is pressuring me for some type of payment because his boss is on his back. I know that it has been 32 days since he had my car, but he offord to fix and hold the car until i receive my disability. so what can i do. does he have to honor our agreement or can he sell my car?

desperate

JETX

Simply, without this 'agreement' in writing, you have a huge problem trying to convince a court that it existed. I think that it is likely that the mechanic will exercise his lien rights and proceed to sell the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">