• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Agreement Not Met, Nulls Written Terms and Conditions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProductionGuy

Hi

Essentially, I was told a laptop would be refurbished and finished March 30th and 31st (purchased Mar 26th). Upon that agreement I agree'd to pay a non-refundable deposit of about 500$ (written on the receipt and told verbally). Now the business told me that it will be done by April 24th. Does this not break our verbal agreement and the rights of the business to keep my deposit? Can I get my deposit back?

Also, the manager in control of refunds and refurbishing of laptops is out of the country and I was told 3 different stories as to why I haven't gotten my laptop yet.

The main selling point was that I could save money, support small business and receive the product quickly. If I was told other wise I wouldn't have been in this mess.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

ProductionGuy

What U.S. state(s)?
Not in the US.. Canada. Sarnia to be exact (across the bridge from Port Huron Michigan).

I'm just gathering as much info as I can on this subject before I continue further. It seems very basic to me that what we agreed upon wasn't met therfore I should have my money back even though one is a written agreement and one is in blank and white ink about the terms of service. But if the service hasn't been met, then I'm allowed my money back.

BL

Sorry US LAW Only and where ( his or your,s ) and how did you purchase this Laptop?

Sounds like you got scammed, But then again , you have to look for other Laws that the US.

ProductionGuy

The laptop was purchased through a mom and pop shop that buys refurbished models off of the manufacturer.

Thanks and sorry to be a bother

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">