• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contact, Pool Leak Detection Company, No Leak Found but billed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkirkpatrick

CALIFORNIA

I had a pool leak detection company come out to my house and prior to their arrival, I was told by the owner that the have "sonar" and "camera" equipment, in addition to the industry standard of pressure testing my pool lines. I am loosing a 1/4 inch of water a day when my pump is running and even the owner said that the loss is too much. This same owner also told me on the phone that he would "guarantee" that he would find my leak. This was the reason that I went with this company because the pool leak test is $450.00. To make a long story short, the company never used the "sonar or camera" equipment but conducted some basic tests on my pool and determined that my pool plumbing was fine.

Finally, after "getting into it" with one of the workers regarding their tests, he walked off of my property. After speaking to the owner on the phone, he hung up on me. However, he then sent me a bill for $450.00, which contains inaccuracies about work performed. They did find some minor plaster crack at the surface of the drain which they put puddy on. However, my pool still leaks. The owner now refuses to take my calls.

What is my recourse if any? I just want to be prepared if he tries to put a lien on my house or do some other sort of credit attack. Remember, I never signed for anything and there was never a written contract, only verbal on the phone.

Thanks,

Brendan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">