• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract, out money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magoo66

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

I was all set to buy a car from a private party. I paid to have the car inspected at a honda dealership (~$100). I told the girl that I am going to buy the car and I will come friday to pick it up (this happened on wednesday). She told me to call her for directions. I called her thursday evening and she said her dad will take care of the financial stuff so he will call me back. He called me a while later and told me he sold the car to his co-worker.

Can I at the least get my money back? If not even the entire car which I had a verbal agreement to purchase?

djohnson

Your not out the whole amount of the car, getting anything for it is unlikely. Getting costs that you are out because of a verbal agreement you have a good chance at. File in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">