• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal contract rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elljane

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am an artist, very busy this time of year with school related stuff. A lady brought me a set of megaphones to decorate; hers was the last of 11 sets I received. All the sponsors got a letter in the mail outlining my policies, prices and requirements including the fact that I would do each set in the order I got it. As the megaphones came in, I completed several hours worth of prep and artwork so I would be able to quickly complete each set in the order they came to me. All cheerleader sponsors were told in the letter and again when they came to my shop that I could not at that time specify a date but the work would be guaranteed to be finished by their first football game. This last woman came to me today asking for her megaphones back, that they needed them for a group photo and they had arranged for someone else to decorate them. I told her she would be welcome to take them but she would owe me for the artwork already done. She angrily refused and took them anyway, stating that she had no contract with me. I am now out the many hours I had already devoted to her artwork. I am so angry!! Do I have the right to insist I be paid for my work in this situation? Do I need to have each sponsor sign something to that effect?
Thank you so much for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">