• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract via Phone Call - Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AC Mullberry

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

So a "telemarketer" called me at work a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to sign up for recieving eight magazines a month for 2 years at $29.90 a month. They will arrive in eight to ten weeks of this phone call. I said sure but send me the paperwork. In addition to her sales pitch in the very begining of the conversation it was asked if it was okay if the conversation was recorded for customer satisfaction reasons. I said "yes."

Today I get a phone call from the people requesting the first payment for the magazines. I told the gentleman that I wasn't interested and that I couldn't afford 30 bucks a month. He said "well sir we have you on tape saying you would pay for the term of the contract. You have to."

I really don't want the magazines at all and I have the first bill sitting on my desk. What should I do?

A few people have said for me to mail the bill back with "refusal to pay" writen on it and not give them any money. Are they going to take me to court over this? :(

AC Mullberry

Thank you. I sent them a letter today stating I did not want their products, please don't call, you will receive no funds from me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">