• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of e-mail Lottery scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ARCHANGEL424

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Louisiana
To make a long story short. I recieved an email saying that I had won the international lottery and I do play on line lotteries at time. Well, they e-mail me saying that they needed x amount of dollars to process it. I e-mailed them saying I do not have that kind of money. They e-mailed me saying they have found a investor to give me the money to cover the lottery winnings. Okay now something sounded fishy about this. Will anyway the invester e-mailed me wanting name address and phone number to mail me the money as long as I agree to give him 10% of all winnings. Okay I agreed thinking this will never happen and this is a scam or something. Will I did recieve money from him but no return address. Later, after sending money off to this lottery company I did some research and found out it was a scam. Now I have what is left of this money sitting in my account and not sure what my legle rights are? There is no lottery winnings and what is left of the money can not be sent back due to no return address or e-mail contact. Is the money mine? What to do?

panzertanker

ARCHANGEL424 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Louisiana
To make a long story short. I recieved an email saying that I had won the international lottery and I do play on line lotteries at time. Well, they e-mail me saying that they needed x amount of dollars to process it. I e-mailed them saying I do not have that kind of money. They e-mailed me saying they have found a investor to give me the money to cover the lottery winnings. Okay now something sounded fishy about this. Will anyway the invester e-mailed me wanting name address and phone number to mail me the money as long as I agree to give him 10% of all winnings. Okay I agreed thinking this will never happen and this is a scam or something. Will I did recieve money from him but no return address. Later, after sending money off to this lottery company I did some research and found out it was a scam. Now I have what is left of this money sitting in my account and not sure what my legle rights are? There is no lottery winnings and what is left of the money can not be sent back due to no return address or e-mail contact. Is the money mine? What to do?
How long has this "money" been sitting in your account from the "benefactor"?
I suspect that very soon you will get a charge back on your bank account for insufficient funds from your "benefactor".

Good luck, learn your lesson...

Happy Trails

I agree with panzertanker, the bank will realize that the money doesn't exist and your account will be adjusted appropriately.

panzertanker

ENASNI said:
Was your benefactor from Nigeria?
Why do you have to bring the poor Nigerians into this?

Just because "Honerable Desmond Ignacious Bronster" (actual spelling) sends me emails all the time from Nigeria trying to solicit my help in transferring a large un-trackable amount of money from his bank to my bank.......

OP's email could have been from UK, Scotland or India too.
Really ENASNI, such a closed mind... ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">