• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia State PLEASE HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilly65

Again from Virginia
Statute of Limitations:
Oral 3 Written 5 Promissory 6 Open Accounts 3

Problem:
I have a hospital bill almost 5 years old.
During hospital stay signed a simple sheet with my account number, ID, and monthly pay amount. This sheet is called a Pay Agreement. There is no balance, interest, time limit to pay, etc.,. Over time the pay amount I agreed to had to be altered verbally. Because of a dispute with the hospital
regarding an itemized statement I stopped paying the bill.

I am now fighting in court that this does not constitute a
written contract. If ever it was, over the time and the behavior of my pay, it became verbal. Which If I understand the law in my state, the behavioral trends and exceptances took precidence to the written agreement.

It is my defense that the bill has now passed it'statute of limitations, from my last payment.

However, the judge said on my next appearance I must have some proof to this defense. I have contacted Attornies, State Bar, etc.. Get little to now where...most don't know how to answer. PLEASE HELP!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">