• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voluntarily Repo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

srbroker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I voluntarily gave my car to the finance company after a big dispute. They sold the car without notifying mee. Do I have a case? because they asked me to pay the difference of the sale.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I voluntarily gave my car to the finance company after a big dispute. They sold the car without notifying mee. Do I have a case? because they asked me to pay the difference of the sale.
A case for what? The car was repo'd and sold for less than the balance due on the loan. Its normal for them to ask you to pay the difference.

srbroker

Repo

What I heard that the finance company can not sell or Auction the care without giving a notice to me that they are selling or auctioning the car.
They suppose to notify me of the intended sale or auction, because I heard that is ILLINOIS law

LdiJ

What I heard that the finance company can not sell or Auction the care without giving a notice to me that they are selling or auctioning the car.
They suppose to notify me of the intended sale or auction, because I heard that is ILLINOIS law
I suspect that the fact that the repo was voluntary made a difference in what they were permitted to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">