• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

voluntary repo of leased truck. can they take my bank accounts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jstchillin2

What is the name of your state? virginia... i had to turn in my lease vehicle, because the engine had blown.. 44,000 miles on it. and costing 4,000 to repair.. i had no choice but to turn it in...
but any way... after it goes to auction.. i got to pay the remaining balance.. so they say.. i was told by the lease company they will freeze my accounts and stuff, if i don't pay..
???? can they really do that?????? and would it be to my benifit.. if i took my name off the bank accounts and just leave them in my husbands name?? could they still freeze..??
his name was not on the lease aggreement... just mine...
help???? suggestions..... thanks

A

aahlee

um isnt there any warrentee on the enginge.....all those ads 50,000 miles or 5 years 70,000 miles 7 years 100,000 miles 10 years...is that all BS??

why should you have to pay unless you damaged it.

JETX

Your voluntary breach of the lease provisions... and substantial loss of value for the vehicle condition, will likely result in a lawsuit.... and a judgment against you. The leasing company can then use the judgment to seize any non-exempt property that you own.

And since VA is not a community property state, they can only seize property that is in your name (either individually or jointly).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">