• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

walmart wedding ring warranties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mwagner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
8 yrs ago i purchased my wifes wedding ring set at walmart it cam with a lifetime warranty. on are five yr anniversary i bought her a bigger ring when we first got married i didnt have alot of money but things got better and i got her a bigger ring anyway even though she had a ring worth 10 times the rings from walmart she still wore the original everyday and the other on special occasions so recently i noticed something didnt look right on the ring one of the diamonds had fallen out so since it had a lifetime deal i figure just take it in and alls good well thats when **** hit the fan they honerd the warranty but when it came back in it was a differnt ring all the stones were much smaller and what we sent out was a two band set that locks togather but what we got back was a two peice set that doesnt go togather there from two diffrent sets so we went back to the store withen 24 hrs and they said too bad nothing we can do thats ther idea of fixing it they just replace it wich is rediculouse how do u replace the sentamental value so we said wed rather have our original back eaven missing a stone she said she would look into it next day she calls and says our original ring is gone we cant get it back because someone threw out the original packiging with all the info to track the order so thers no way to get it back so now we are stuck with a 2 peice wedding set that is miss watched and the diamonds in it are not eaven close to what we had and the ring i purposed with is GONE
WHAT DO WE DO

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
8 yrs ago i purchased my wifes wedding ring set at walmart it cam with a lifetime warranty. on are five yr anniversary i bought her a bigger ring when we first got married i didnt have alot of money but things got better and i got her a bigger ring anyway even though she had a ring worth 10 times the rings from walmart she still wore the original everyday and the other on special occasions so recently i noticed something didnt look right on the ring one of the diamonds had fallen out so since it had a lifetime deal i figure just take it in and alls good well thats when **** hit the fan they honerd the warranty but when it came back in it was a differnt ring all the stones were much smaller and what we sent out was a two band set that locks togather but what we got back was a two peice set that doesnt go togather there from two diffrent sets so we went back to the store withen 24 hrs and they said too bad nothing we can do thats ther idea of fixing it they just replace it wich is rediculouse how do u replace the sentamental value so we said wed rather have our original back eaven missing a stone she said she would look into it next day she calls and says our original ring is gone we cant get it back because someone threw out the original packiging with all the info to track the order so thers no way to get it back so now we are stuck with a 2 peice wedding set that is miss watched and the diamonds in it are not eaven close to what we had and the ring i purposed with is GONE
WHAT DO WE DO
Do you still have the warranty contract that came with the ring? You need to read the terms of that contract.

tranquility

They cannot conjure the ring out of nothing.

So, how much were you hurt? In money?

Even if you can come up with a number, you cannot get more than the benefit of the contract--which is the cost of the original ring. More realistically, the value of the ring at the time of loss. (If the loss was the store's fault.)

If you don't like the replacement ring offered, you can sue in contact for the cost of the ring for breach of contract. Or, you could sue for negligence for the rings loss. The damages will be the FMV of the ring.

That's not to say there is a breach of warranty (contract) or a tort here, I'm just saying the loss of the ring is not going to be compensated by calculating how much the OP feels he lost, but by how much he actually lost.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Without beating around the bush...

Your warranty with Walmart allows them to repair or replace the ring. The replacement should be worth at least as much as the original.

Those are the terms of the warranty that YOU agreed to. You don't have grounds to complain now.

Hot Topic

You bought a ring at Walmart,:rolleyes: and you expect it to have the quality of one purchased at a jewelry store?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You bought a ring at Walmart,:rolleyes: and you expect it to have the quality of one purchased at a jewelry store?
No, he bought an item with a warranty and expects the warranty to be honored. What he doesn't understand is that the warranty IS being honored.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">