• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to cancel the insurance plan-Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dllzf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hi, there
We bought a set of sofa and its leather protection plan on the sofa because the salesman told us it will cover everything related to leather. However, our sofa got several scratches and we tried to call the insurance company to come and repair the scratches. After they send some people take a look at the scratch, they said the protection plan only cover for teared and ripped leather not for scratch.

I am very sure that the salesman said the protection plan covered everything, and the only reason we bought the new sofa and the plan is because we want our sofa scratch free. Now the insurance seems like an entirely useless thing for us. Since it's not working,we would want to cancel the insurance and have a refund.(the insurance covers several years, we want the rest of the insurance refund)

I tried BBB, but the business still doesn't allow the refund. I know it's nothing too harsh, but I feel I have been ripped off by the salesman, and I want to do something with it. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank You

Proserpina

Hi, there
We bought a set of sofa and its leather protection plan on the sofa because the salesman told us it will cover everything related to leather. However, our sofa got several scratches and we tried to call the insurance company to come and repair the scratches. After they send some people take a look at the scratch, they said the protection plan only cover for teared and ripped leather not for scratch.

I am very sure that the salesman said the protection plan covered everything, and the only reason we bought the new sofa and the plan is because we want our sofa scratch free. Now the insurance seems like an entirely useless thing for us. Since it's not working,we would want to cancel the insurance and have a refund.(the insurance covers several years, we want the rest of the insurance refund)

I tried BBB, but the business still doesn't allow the refund. I know it's nothing too harsh, but I feel I have been ripped off by the salesman, and I want to do something with it. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank You

Have you read the terms and conditions of the protection plan?

sandyclaus

Hi, there

Thank You
Have you read the terms and conditions of the protection plan?
Agreed. You can't just count on what the salesman told you. If you wanted to ensure that the insurance coverage protected you from scratches, you needed to read the T&C before agreeing to purchase it.

And seriously? Most protection plans like that usually won't cover abuse or normal wear and tear, which I believe scratches would fall under. Any little thing can scratch leather, including someone sliding across the sofa with riveted blue jeans. If you wanted pristine leather seating areas without scratches, something like that is near impossible unless you cover it with plastic OR never sit on it with anything other than soft clothing. In all honesty, if this was your intention all along, that insurance would have been useless to you from day one.

swalsh411

Salesman selling any product will sometimes lie/exaggerate to sell the warranty. What actually matters are the written warranty terms, not what you were verbally told.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">