• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to rescind a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paultroop

In Pennsylvania my wife and I had started signing paperwork to lease a new van. After the saleperson went over the terms of the contratct he asked if we had any questions. My wife had asked what the disposition fee was for and he informed us that it was if we turned in the vehicle at the end of the lease we would be charged up to that amount if there was any excessive wear and tear. My wife signed the contract and then noticed that it was instead just a fee at the end of the term if we decide to turn it in. My wife said "I can't do this. This feels wrong. I am going to be sick. I can't do this." She then got up and left the office. After I talked to her about the problem she told me that she just realized we would have to pay that fee on our vehicle that has a lease expiring next month and that if we had known that previously we would not have put the size of down payment toward the vehicle that we did. I informed the salesperson that my wife didn't feel comfortable with the deal and that they would have to figure out something about the disposition fee that was due at the end of the month. The sales manager said that they would try to work something out, such as changing the down payment or taking off the extended warranty that we had agreed to. We had to go pick up our kids and told them we would be back. My wife and I had left thinking that they were going to rework the contract and give us a different offer. Later that night I called the salesperson and told him that we wouldn't be able to come back until the following day. He said "Don't worry I am not going to lose a deal over $400". The next day we tried to rescind the contract and they told us that we were not able to. We never received a copy of the contract or took posession of the van.
Is there anything we can do to terminate the contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">