• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wants maoney back after 8 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

billiebi

What is the name of your state? New York

I sold a hot tub to a person in september--it was not leaking when I sold it. The buyer came to the house in September and looked at it and saw it run. She gave me a check;there was no bill of sale. They moved it the same day and now, 8 months later, she says it is leaking and wants her money back. the repairman says he did not think it was worth fixing. Am I liable? It was working fine when I had it. I thought the tub was 5 years old and it was closer to 9 but I did not realize it at the time.

HomeGuru

billiebi said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I sold a hot tub to a person in september--it was not leaking when I sold it. The buyer came to the house in September and looked at it and saw it run. She gave me a check;there was no bill of sale. They moved it the same day and now, 8 months later, she says it is leaking and wants her money back. the repairman says he did not think it was worth fixing. Am I liable? It was working fine when I had it. I thought the tub was 5 years old and it was closer to 9 but I did not realize it at the time.
**A: no, it was a used tub and you gave no warranties correct? What exactly is leaking? Is there a crack in the tub itself or in the plumbing or drain lines?

B

billiebi

She states that the service man told her that every jet, manifild and part is leaking and that it had to start before September. IT WAS NOT leaking when I sold it to her. I called the serviceman and he said that that year hot tub had difficulties with the joints. I had no problems with it It was installed in a sunroom which was heated in winter. I was the only one that used it. It was a high quality tub. I feel that perhaps the move and then the storage outside might have done it. I would not have sold it to her if I thought there was any problems. Repairman said that it would cost $800.00 to fix it and that it was not worth it in his opinion.
Thanks for responding---
I am very upset over this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">