• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WARRANT IN DEBT "Civil claim for money"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinarena

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VIRGINIA
HELP PLEASE!!Can someone answer a question. I recieved a warrant in debt from my lawyer- who I believed I had a verbal understading with- to pay installment payments to pay her $900. lawyer bill, upon hiring her I explained my money situation,& that I could not pay the total bill within 90-days as her contract states, but she assured me at the time when I hired her she would work with me and she would let me make payments, thats why I hired her, but now that 90 days has passed she has issued a warrant in debt on me & this is after I had already made 2 monthly payments, WHAT CAN I DO- I have emailed her and offered to pay higher monthly installements and would sign that in writing. I also suggested an offer in Compromise to get this resolved and she will not respond?? Should I just go to court and ask for a mediator?? I dont understand why she will not agree to just settle this reasonably. I lost my job and cant pay more than I have to give. I owe the bill, I just cannot pay the total in her terms. WHAT DO I DO??????

Last edited:

divona2000

First, edit your post to remove your email, or you may be getting lots of spam.
Then, keep trying to contact your attorney, since this might just be an error from the billing department concerning the payment arrangements. If attorney is still willing to accept payments, get it in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">