• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warranties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsuds

st louis, mo

i purchased a home 7 years ago that had foundation work done to the front of the house in 1996. the work was guaranteed for 15 years. when i called the company last month to see about them inspecting the wall due to the fact that i was trying to sell the house i was told they they had "liquidated" the company and the guarantee was void.
my questions are:

can they do that? it is the same owner, phone, etc. was called atlas foundations, inc,. and is now atlas foundation solutions, llc . they changed the company name by a word and went from inc to llc.

secondly, i had further foundation work done 2 years ago by atlas to the rear of the house at the cost of $8,000. that work was done 4 months before the "liquidation" date occurred. i would assume that they knew that they were going to liquidate and that they gave me a 15 year warranty on this work also knowing they were liquidating and wouldn't have to honor the warranty. i would think that the process of liquidation takes longer than 4 months. if they gave me the warranty knowing they wouldn't honor it, to me that is fraud.

i am having trouble selling the house due to the fact that the work that was done has no warranty. someone was going to buy the house but her "inspector" said the wall work "could go anytime" which was not true, but they cancelled the sale. any information would be appreciated. thanks, barb

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">