• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warranty and collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debra D Etter

i purchased a warranty for a pair of glasses for my spouse. The bill has always been paid by me for the last five years. all paperwork was done by me since my husband is elderly and paperwork causes him headaches. I called and told them that i had a warranty and that i needed to make an appointment or whatever was required to replace the eyeglasses and the receptionist asked when my husband could see an optomitrist. I asked if that was nessesary since his glass prescription usually lasted two years. I was told yes it was necessary. when we showed up for the appointment i tried to give the receptionist the warranty and was told it was not needed till later. my husband went in and the optomitrist told him that 90 percent of the problem was that the scratches(which was covered in the warranty) was the problem. After we got the prescription all added up i again tried to give the warranty to the sales clerk only to be told that since his eye sight changed a fraction i would have to pay full price 359 dollers instead of half which was what i was expeting. When asked why i was told that if i wanted to replace the glasses then my husband shouldn't have seen the optitrition. I was stunned and when i became upset because of the scam they did on us. I was told that even if we couldn't pay for the glasses that i was liable for the eye exam. When i became extrememly annoyed and by the way i have to this day never received a prescription i can even take to another eye place. I was told that they didn't want my kind of people in here anyway. I tried contacting them and they even sent a registered letter to the company but they returned it unopened .
As far as they knew it could have been a payment. Now they will not talk to me but insist that its my husbands bill and i have no right to take care of this matter even though i have taken care of and paid in my name all the other bills for about five years. Now they have sent us to a collection agency for something i never received

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">