• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty with "Customer Abuse" Exemption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goldfishkilr2

I have a laptop in UT that should be covered by a warranty from a company in Texas. The hard drive burned up and the computer shut down while I was using. The warranty co. will not cover repairs because they say the problems were caused from being dropped. They site as evidence a crack on the outside of the computer and a broken latch. Both of these have been there for a year and never caused any computer impairments. The computer was never dropped. They said that they "never were really able to examine it due to burn marks and smell of burnt plastic" and I explained that this is why I sent it in and this is what caused the computer to shut down. They still insist it was dropped. Is there anything I can do so they will cover the costs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">