• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rob0225

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I bought a outdoor LED emssage center from a local sign shop about 18 months ago, included in the sale was 51 months of manufacturer warranty. Fast forward to today and I have a problem with the sign and contact the manufacturer and I find out it isn't covered under warranty because I wasn't the original owner.

Do I have any recourse? The sign shop owner wants to cover the warranty himself, but under those circumstances I am now locked into using him for any issues and his labor rates versus going to someone else. I don't want to use him because he is not very responsive and his labor rates are extremely high.

Thanks,

Robert

swalsh411

So what is it that you want exactly? You cannot obligate the manufacturer to cover your sign because you are not the original owner and even if you had known about the warranty limitation at the time of the sale you would still have a broken sign now. You certainty do not have to use the shop you bought it from to repair it.

rob0225

So what is it that you want exactly? You cannot obligate the manufacturer to cover your sign because you are not the original owner and even if you had known about the warranty limitation at the time of the sale you would still have a broken sign now. You certainty do not have to use the shop you bought it from to repair it.
Thanks for the reply swalsh...

Your right I can't obligate the manufacturer, but the sign shop sold me the sign on the premise it came with a manufacturer's warranty (which is stated on my bill of sale).

I would not have a broken sign right now because I woud not have bought the sign had I known the warranty was not valid.

If I don't use him for repairs I would have to bear the costs of parts, whereas if I had the manufacturers warranty I could goto any sign shop for repairs or directly to the manufacturer.

In my opinion there is a big difference between a manufacturers warranty and having the sign shop warranty it.

Robert

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">