• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warranty issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johndaw

What is the name of your state? Texas

I had some foundation repairs done on my home a few years back.
I had to have them back a few times to adjust. When they came out to give an estimate on repairs they only wanted to do 3/4's of the foundation. When I asked why The salesman stated " there is nothing wrong with this corner, that is why we shouldnt fix it. " Since then cracks and other issues started to arise in the corner of the house they didnt fix. The last time I had someone out from this company, they said now It does need lifted. I asked if this was because they didnt do it in the first place. In a round about way he told me yes. I recently decided that it was time to take care of this problem with the foundation company.

Now this is the tricky part. I have a lifetime transferable warranty for my foundation repair. The company whose name appears at the top of the warranty paper is still in business, BUT the foundation side of the company in no longer in business. The general manager refuses to take my calls or return messages to me. I filed a complaint with the BBB of Dallas.

What should I do next? They have to honor their warranty right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">