• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty Jenn-Air

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenham456

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington. I bought a Jenn-Air range in Dec 2006 for $2400. In Dec 2009 two of the electric heating elements in the glass top stopped working. The Warranty is Parts and Labor for one year, parts only second through fifth year. The Jenn-Air recommended repair company has tried to repair it four times without success, and I have spent $148 on parts and $120 on labor. Jenn-Air recommended another repair company, that repair person was not able to fix the problem. Jenn-Air assigned their technician to the problem and after two weeks he has said that the problem is in the software in the oven and at this time there is no repair. Jenn-Air has offered "some" money to me to wait until there is a repair and that they have no idea when that will be, or they will buy my range for $1300. They do not want to offer a replacement. I would prefer a repair without an indefinite wait or a replacement. Am I out of line?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington. I bought a Jenn-Air range in Dec 2006 for $2400. In Dec 2009 two of the electric heating elements in the glass top stopped working. The Warranty is Parts and Labor for one year, parts only second through fifth year. The Jenn-Air recommended repair company has tried to repair it four times without success, and I have spent $148 on parts and $120 on labor. Jenn-Air recommended another repair company, that repair person was not able to fix the problem. Jenn-Air assigned their technician to the problem and after two weeks he has said that the problem is in the software in the oven and at this time there is no repair. Jenn-Air has offered "some" money to me to wait until there is a repair and that they have no idea when that will be, or they will buy my range for $1300. They do not want to offer a replacement. I would prefer a repair without an indefinite wait or a replacement. Am I out of line?
After 3 years, your range is not worth $2,400. I feel that $1,300 for a 3 year old range is generous.
As for demanding a repair...if it doesn't exist right now, how can you expect it right now?

xylene

After 3 years, your range is not worth $2,400. I feel that $1,300 for a 3 year old range is generous.
As for demanding a repair...if it doesn't exist right now, how can you expect it right now?
Counter in writing with 1650 (the ~depreciated value when the fault arose in 2009) and if they disagree take the 1300. You won't win any more in a fight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">