• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warranty of watch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dbid

What is the name of your state? arizona
sorry first time posting
I would like advise I own a retail jewelery store I sold a never worn watch to a client. 3 months later she lost a screw. I replaced the screw with one from her band she was ok with this. she never picked up watch but asked me to sell it. she shows up with her lawyer in my place of biz under the pretense she was checking the status. she introduced her lawyer as her friend soon her lawyer was doing all the talking. she wants me to refund her the original amount. I offered to replace the now missing link screw by sending the watch to the factory. that is my impression of my legal responcability
she stll wants a refund. she threatened me in my store to take me to court. what should I do. it is my impression that implied warrant of merchantability dictates me to replace the screw and that is all what advise do you have thank you
dbid

astyer

If you truely sold a new product with a warantee, assisting the customer with the warantee work is your end of the deal. If you want to just return it and take the loss, it might be better in the long run. Word of mouth advertising can make or break a business.

dallas702

First, we don't know what the terms and conditions of the sale were. Do you have them posted in clear view? Are they part of your receipt/bill of sale? If the watch has a warranty is it her responsibility to send it in to the maker, or your responsibility to repair it for the maker?

I don't know why she dragged a lawyer into the transaction unless you had already refused to refund her money. Unless your personal guarantee and/or policy is to refund money on merchandise that has a manufacturers defect you don't have to do anything for her except show her where to send the watch. If you want to replace the screw, then do so and tell her the watch is still hers. The former policy will have you broke and out of business in short order. The second is standard practice.

So...what's in writing, and what's not. Nothing was implied in this transaction.

And, both of you...use spellcheck....please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">