• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Web Design company screwing me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike95910

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a contract for web design with a company. The company has proven to be incompetent and the project is over schedule by 7 months. Was supposed to be a 5month job, its now been a year . I am trying to get a refund however they are saying that the contract states if there is a cancelation in the contact they get their hourly rate for however many hours that have been spent so far. (basically a made up number) It also states "The parties further agree that the amount of the liquid damages established by this provision is a reasonable stimate under the circumstances existing on the date of execution of this agreement of what the developers damages would be in the event of a termination or default by client". The contract says " the client hereby engages the developer to provide develpment services and a work product as outlined in the proposal attached hereto as addendum 1. (whis states a timeframe for the project) So what i want to know is because of the amount of time that has passed with only 30% of the work completed is this a breach of contract on their part and should i get a full if any refund?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">