• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding contract/catering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tom Vega

What is the name of your state? California. my fiance hired a catering company to provide food service at our wedding in Aug 2003 for approx 4.5K. my fiance secured the contract with a deposit of $1K, The second instalment was due on 2/14/03 for half of the remaining balance with full payment due two weeks before the wedding. (Sec. Depo#1 - 2nd #2 final#3)when we tried to contact the catering compay to pay the second installment, all the phone numbers were no longer in service, their office was closed and had indications of moving out and their resturants had been sold, none of our phone calls were returned and it appeared that the company had vanished. finally, after finding an old e-mail address, we were able to get in touch with syndi shy (owner) over a month later, who said that their company changed and that she lost our contract. how do we trust this company again? they have no referances to secure their reputation. we met with Syndi today to discuss this matter when she became very abrasive, irrational and unprofessional, however we did not give her a copy of the contract from which she demanded. she later called back and demanded full payment to continue with her services and threatened to not honor all aspects of the contract. we said we are not cancelling and need time to discuss the matter. which brings me here, do we have any rights to get our deposit back or get services contracted? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">