• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wedding contract gone sour --- please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dubroz

What is the name of your state? PA

Had a wedding in Philadelphia. All vendors did everything as promised except caterer. The caterer's service was horrible (I will not go into details) and thus my wife and I had a horrible time at our wedding.

We have a list of about 20 MAJOR items that the caterer did not fulfill as promised. (i.e. wrong wedding cake, wrong meals, missing servers, wrong contracted time, incorrect invoices).

Actual estimated loss from the 20 MAJOR items is $4000.

Can I sue the caterer for compensatory damages as well as punitive damages (i.e. emotional distress)? The total catering bill was $8500 and the wedding cost was $28,000. My wife and I would like to sue for the caterer for the full bill plus emotional distress.

Evertyhing about our wedding makes us miserable and we feel like we wasted $28,000 becasue of the caterer.

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thanks.

Zee

D

dubroz

I'd also like to know whether or not I should do this through small claims court.

Thanks again.

Z

zappy

You have a valid claim so go through with it .

as long as you have proof, such as pictures of the cake, the meals, all the other items, and can show them to a judge, then you should win.

Be prepared, talk nicely to the judge, NO 4 letter words or snide remarks, let the caterer do that. it will be a good learning experience and it's always worth your time to learn about our system of justice and what you pay taxes for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">