• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Photographer out of business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kikiz

Wedding Photographer out of business...Please help me...

What is the name of your state? Florida

The photographer is in AZ, and that is where I was married.

I just found out that the photographer I used for my wedding is no longer in business. I have heard that he is either in the process of, or already has, filed for bankruptcy. I have seen my pictures on his website, which is a service of his, so I do know that he has my proofs. I have not received any engagement or wedding photos or proofs. I also know that there are many of us in the same situation. He will not return any phone calls or emails. Some of the brides that live in AZ have gone to his house, which is also his sudio, and have not had any luck. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I plan on contacting the Attorney General as soon as I have all of my documents in order. Is there anything else that I can do? Would it be better for all of us to go to the same lawyer? Do I need to get a lawyer if I i'll be filing with the Attorney General? Also, since he most likely has filed for bankruptcy, does that mean I have no way of getting my pictures? At this point, I am only concerned about the negatives and proofs so that I can pay to get them printed. I would like to be given a partial refund if possible, but it is not the most important thing to me.

Thank You,
Kiki

Last edited:

L

loku

You had a contract with the photographer. You can sue in Small Claims court for specific performance of the contract. That would mean you would receive what you bargained for, the pictures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">